The Aviation Journey – Boeing 737 to Airbus 320


File:Jet Airways Boeing 737-800; VT-JBK@SIN;02.08.2012 668cd ...



Like many of you know that I’ve always dreamed of Aviation & Airplanes since childhood. Once when I was may be 12 playing in the garden area, I got thumped in the fence all because I was looking at an Airplane overhead.

Perhaps, the dream to conquer never died within me, with all that in mind, I started doing some research and evaluate all kind of options & possibilities to achieve my dream, pursued commercial pilot’s license and step by step kept moving towards my goal.

I started my job as a Commercial Pilot where my first conquest was Boeing 737, the very first experience was a real dream come true which glazed me thoroughly driving high in the sky steering through moving up elevation by elevation.
I believe Boeing has always built their airplanes to be piloted. The 737 is Boeing’s most widely produced aircraft and has many variants flown by almost all major airlines in the world. The journey during Boeing 737 was an amazing experience.

Finally, my training for the much-awaited Airbus 320 is almost over and I am excited for this new Aircraft experience. The A320 is a so-called “fly-by-wire” aircraft, with computers translating control inputs from the pilots into electric impulses, while the 737 uses a more traditional philosophy. Some pilots like one approach, some the other.

The training period has been very wonderful. As pilots, our job is to monitor what the airplane does. The plane automation in the Airbus is more complex than in Boeing planes. The Airbus believes in their computer system so much that the pilots can’t override them. Boeing developers believe that the pilots have the last say; thus they are able to do this particular overriding function.

Well, Elon Musk is saying he’s going to have a rocket that will get you from the UAE to the US in 40 minutes. That’s a huge achievement, because for people it’s all about time, but it’s also all about safety, and now he has to secure that. I also think in 20 to 30 years there might only be one pilot in the cockpit of an airplane because there are so many back-ups now.

Being given responsibility to look after passengers on board it’s immensely rewarding to be trusted to make decisions in the interest of the safety. It’s an honour to be a pilot and you see some of the finest view up at an altitude.


Signing off Captain Poonam Devrakhyani - My Experience’s My Views.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gender Equality: A Win-Win Game For Everybody

Factors Booming Women Entrepreneurs In Every Field

Wishing You an International Flight Attendant Day 2020: Real Time Flight Heroes!